Potatoes are delicious.
These aren’t potatoes. These are faux-tatoes. (HAR HAR HAR)
They are also delicious. Dare I say, even more delicious. Trust.
LOADED FAUX-TATO BAKE
adapted from My Kitchen Escapades
Fills a 9×9 pan
1 bag frozen cauliflower florets
5 oz. cheddar, shredded
5 oz. Monterey Jack or mozzarella, shredded (I have tried both ways, it is amazing both ways)
6 oz. cream cheese, softened (zap in microwave for 30 seconds)
1/4 cup heavy cream
small handful of green onions, chopped
4-5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 cloves garlic, minced
salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Throw cauliflower into large microwavable bowl and add a little bit of water. Cover with plastic wrap and nuke in microwave for 5 minutes until the cauliflower is tender.
3. While cauliflower is in the microwave, mix everything else together, except for enough shredded cheese to cover the top. Resist the urge to eat the mix of food.
4. When cauliflower is done, drain the water and mash the cauliflower just a little bit so it’s still chunky but not in huge pieces.
5. Mix the cauliflower and the cheese mixture together well. The cauliflower will continue to get a little bit more mashed, but don’t go overboard.
6. Pour into a 9×9 buttered pan and sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese on top. Cover with aluminum foil.
7. Bake for 25 minutes.
8. Remove the aluminum foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes until the cheese is browned and bubbly.
Public Service Announcement: Try not to eat the entire pan in one sitting. It may be low carb, but it is a lot of calories. (But I wouldn’t judge you for trying – it’s that good.)