It’s embarrassing how easy this is. Like, is it even worth typing up this recipe? I feel so dumb.
adapted from Caveman Keto
Makes 5 delicious balls
1 16* oz. tube of pork sausage (breakfast sausage, like Jimmy Dean’s)
5 eggs, hard boiled**
*If all you can find is 12 oz. tubes, then this will make 4 scotch eggs instead.
*Foolproof method for perfect hard boiled eggs: Stick eggs in pot. Add enough water to cover eggs. Heat on stove until water begins to boil. Once water begins boiling, turn off the heat. Cover the pot. Set timer to 12 minutes. At the end of 12 minutes, drain the water. Add enough cold water to cover the eggs and throw a few ice cubes in there too. Let it all cool to room temperature.
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Peel eggs.
3. Split the tube of sausage into 5 roughly equal parts.
4. With the palm of your hand, flatten each section of sausage into a rough circle.
5. Stick peeled egg in the middle of the sausage circle.
6. Wrap egg with the sausage. It’ll feel like playing with Play-Doh. Make sure it’s all sealed.
7. Bake for 20 minutes.
Aaaaand… that’s it. Yep.
(Also, because it has to be said: I love scotch. Scotchy scotchy scotch.)